Can I take advantage of the Institute of Physics agreement as CNSE faculty?


Yes, you can. To take advantage of this agreement: 

  1. You must be the corresponding author of an article submitted to an IOP journal covered by the Libraries' agreement. 
  2. The article must be accepted for publication after you have been assigned your address. 
  3. Your publication must reflect your UAlbany affiliation and email at the point of acceptance. 

If all of the above apply to your publication, then you can participate in the OA publishing agreement. Your article will be matched with the University Libraries’ agreement at the point of submission, and the APC for your publication will be automatically waived if you choose to publish open access under the default CC-BY license. Note that the institutional affiliation of the corresponding author determines eligibility.  

For detailed steps through the process, please see this Step-by-Step Guide to Publishing OA. 


  • Last Updated Feb 01, 2024
  • Views 2
  • Answered By Emily K

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0

Contact Us

Do you have questions about Scholarly Communications at UAlbany? You can ask our team by using any of the contact options listed here.